Thursday, April 12, 2012

Hankies







In the category of "What????" and "Why????" are hankies. I can say that outside of the 80 plus year old's, that I have never seen anyone use one of these. The very idea of carrying a snot laden rag around in my pocket all day, just seems a little gross. After all who can ever forget Grandma taking her stiff and crunchy hanky out of her pocket book, spitting on it, and then using the now moist rag to wipe cookie crumbs off of your face.


So, who in the world is buying them now? I'm just not sure. All I know is that they do. Pretty, flowery, feminine type hankies sell for a couple of dollars to a couple of hundred dollars. Men's hankies sell for quite a bit less, but still do sell. Unused, or at least clean hankies are normally the way to go. I just can't imagine selling Aunt Millies used crusty hankie for very much, but then again you never really know.


Sell them on EBay or Etsy. I normally sell mine across the auction block. It usually doesn't maximize your cash, but then again I'm a little lazy and the auction can be the quickest and easiest way to sell. The hanky with the dog on it sold for $175 on ebay!

No comments:

Post a Comment